Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Fall Leaf Design

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm ready for Summer to be over. It's fun and all, but I'm not a huge fan of heat. When I get the slightest hint that Fall is around the corner I start to get excited. Our nights started to get cooler, and I started to get inspired. So, while it may be a little early to pull out the Autumn nail designs, I'm starting out with a few anyway.

BEHOLD THE FALL LEAF DESIGN!

 This first one did not translate as well in photo as it does in real life. It is actually done as a gradient from a bronze color called Perfect Penny from Covergirl into an orange called Courtney Orange by Sinful Colors. The black is done using Finger Paints' Black Expressionism, and there's a bit of accent gold glitter using Sinful Color's All About You.

This second design uses all the same colors, just in a different way. I was hoping to get more of a "leaves in on a blustery day" sort of from it. Actually, in my head it was looking like the leaves blowing around in that classic Winnie The Pooh movie.

I had intended to do a tutorial on one or both of these designs, but I got a little overzealous and forgot to take a few pictures in the middle of the process. What do you think? Would you like to see a step-by-step on either or both of these? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment